Trauma-Informed Training – Transforming Care, is a two-day program that aims to provide participants with a greater appreciation of the impact that trauma has on the behaviour and responses of people in their service. The goal of the course is to positively transform the way service providers understand and respond to people who have been impacted by trauma; for staff to develop skilful approaches and strategies that reflect a deeper awareness and appreciation of trauma in all aspects of service delivery; and for better overall outcomes for service users.
Using key trauma-informed principles, this course addresses trauma-related prevention, intervention, and treatment issues and strategies in health and community services. The content is adaptable across settings that service individuals, families, and communities – placing emphasis on the importance of coordinating as well as integrating services.
Participants will learn:
- the neurological and biological basis of trauma – the multiple impacts on the brain of exposure to complex or relational trauma
- the psychological and social effects of trauma
- the key tenets of attachment theory and how these relate to relationship trauma
- central intervention principles in providing care for people who have been exposed to complex trauma
- practice skills that are based on key principles of trauma-informed care
- a deeper and broader understanding of how trauma impacts the life of an individual who is seeking services
Trauma-informed practice offers many opportunities for organisations. It reinforces the importance of acquiring trauma-specific knowledge and skills to meet the specific needs of clients; of recognising that trauma likely affects many clients who are seeking services. It also acknowledges that organisations and providers can re-traumatise clients through standard or unexamined policies and practices.
This training course stresses the importance of addressing the client individually rather than applying general treatment approaches, and aims to provide more opportunities for clients to engage in services that reflect a compassionate understanding of their presenting problems.
Call us at Mindfulness Trainings for further information on Trauma Informed Training or to discuss your workplace training needs. Ph: 0438 670 761